Topics last 24 hours

Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

Topics last 24 hours

· 
Gepostet: 05.02.2019 - 13:14 Uhr  ·  #1
More curious than anything as I go to the homepage all the time, but I cannot see "show topics of last 24 hours" on an Android device, but iOS users tell me they can?
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: Topics last 24 hours

· 
Gepostet: 05.02.2019 - 14:08 Uhr  ·  #2
Hi Ally,

the CF4 does not detect devices or operating systems so it also does not work differently based on your device.

The responsive template only works differently on several screen resolutions.

And I think there is your problem:
On the Desktop you have the flyout-menu on the "bell" where you can also find the "Topics last 24h" Link.
On mobile you only find the link to the active topics the last 24h on the forum index.

If you are logged in those buttons will be replaced with the "Unread posts since your last visit" because that's more important for many logged in users wich topics are acually new since their last visit and not wich topics were there the last 24h.

I'd suggest you add the Link to the last 24h active topics to the mobile menu as well. So if you're on mobile AND you are logged in you can still access the 24h Link via the burger-menu on the top right.

Open header.htm from your template for that

FIND
Code

{if $LOGGED_IN}
          <li><a href="search.{$EXT}?mode=upi">{$LANG.tbx_01}{if $G_UPI_TOPIC_COUNT>0} <div class="uk-badge uk-badge-notification uk-badge-danger cf-nav-badge">{$G_UPI_TOPIC_COUNT}</div>{/if}</a></li>
          <li><a href="search.{$EXT}?mode=markread&amp;all=true">{$LANG.mark_all_forums_read}</a></li>
        {/if}

REPLACE WITH
Code

{if $LOGGED_IN}
          <li><a href="search.{$EXT}?mode=upi">{$LANG.tbx_01}{if $G_UPI_TOPIC_COUNT>0} <div class="uk-badge uk-badge-notification uk-badge-danger cf-nav-badge">{$G_UPI_TOPIC_COUNT}</div>{/if}</a></li>
          <li><a href="search.{$EXT}?mode=markread&amp;all=true">{$LANG.mark_all_forums_read}</a></li>
          <li><a href="search.{$EXT}?mode=24">Active topics the last 24h</a></li>
        {/if}

Then you have in the menu the "Unread" - "Mark all Read" and below that the "Active topics the last 24h".

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 05.02.2019 - 17:19 Uhr  ·  #3
Many thanks :)

I think someone on iOS was getting confused - not me, i promise :)
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 06.02.2019 - 14:37 Uhr  ·  #4
Hi Ally,

you're welcome!

Yeah many users don't make a difference between "unread" and "active" topics. They simply call the "unread" function "active" too so maybe that was the little unclear point. Or the login/logout difference. - But well with that extra menu-item you have both functions always handy so everybody has the choice. :)

Sincerely,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.