Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

Media manager disaster

· 
Gepostet: 29.08.2018 - 15:09 Uhr  ·  #1
Hi Chris,

Have been having server problems and unintsalled a few plugins to try and speed the forum up. I uninstalled media manager instead of Admanager !! :o

Quickly reinstalled media manager but of course all the images show as deleted. I still see the images on the server, but I suppose the database entries are no longer there to show them?

I backed up the database first, can you advise to restoring these images to posts?

Thanks.
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: Media manager disaster

· 
Gepostet: 29.08.2018 - 15:15 Uhr  ·  #2
Hi Ally,

Luckily you have a backup!

Please do the following:

- First INSTALL the MediaManager again

- Go to phpMyAdmin and delete the tables "cbmm_config", "cbmm_perms", "cbmm_uploads" and "cbmm_likes" (your Table Prefix is in front of these tables so have a look to something like cfxxx_cbmm_config etc.)

- Now import these Database Tables again from the backup you made. JUST THESE TABLES, LEAVE ALL OTHER TABLES UNTOUCHED!

- Now go back to your forum and delete the Cache

Now you should at least have the images restored that were in the backup you had.

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 29.08.2018 - 16:15 Uhr  ·  #3
Appreciate this is beyond CF4 support :/

I can't work out how to add certain tables, I can only import full database.
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 29.08.2018 - 16:37 Uhr  ·  #4
Hi Ally,

you're welcome! :)

Well I don't know wich Backup Tool you used but editing in a huge dump from a big forum to find particial data is quite problematical, only a few text editors are capable of scrolling through big dumps.

So my suggestion would be:

Create a NEW Database first and import your whole backup into that new and blank database.

Now go to phpMyAdmin and export only the tables mentioned above for the media Manager.

Then you have a dump that only contains these tables, so you can delete those tables in your productive DB and then import that "particial dump" there where now only those tables are in and others are untouched.

After that you can delete that temporary new Database again.

Sincerely,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.