[1.2.2] CBACK MediaManager (Bilduploader)

Bilderupload in Beiträgen & Co mit vielen Extras

Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

Re: [1.0.1] CBACK MediaManager (Bilduploader)

· 
Gepostet: 22.01.2018 - 21:16 Uhr  ·  #33
Thanks for the details explanation Chris. The latest google photo app no longer allows a download to phone which is very annoying.

I'll go and give Google a nudge :)
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2018 - 14:29 Uhr  ·  #34
You're very welcome! :)

Zitat
The latest google photo app no longer allows a download to phone

Oh then this could be the cause of the problem!

Your Browser is always the layer between the data on your device and the website that gets displayed. That's surely a good thing because the browser can control what gets transfered and what not, so no website can take more data from your device during for example an upload than you allow it to.

This means that your browser doesn't do a direct connection between your Apps or Cloud Services and a Website Upload Form itself: Normally the data from a Cloud Storage gets loaded into a local cache first and from there it gets uploaded to the website from your browser. If Google Photos now disallows the download it could happen that the browser still "thinks" it is possible (that's why it still shows you this source) but if it requests the image from Google Photos there is basically a 0-Byte-File send to the Webform - or in other words: There is no picture there that could be uploaded.

Normally I'd say this is a bug in the browser or app then, but if they kicked out the download function out of their app completely it sounds to me that this behaviour not to give out any photos is intentional. Even though that's a bit of a bummer for the end user to have all pictures locked inside a walled garden. :o

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2018 - 20:15 Uhr  ·  #35
It used to work because I have used it before straight from Google Photos. All the usual share options are there, but no more download option :(

I went to Google Drive and downloaded from there to my phone. Still the same error message, could it be my server?
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 23.01.2018 - 20:37 Uhr  ·  #36
Try to upload a regular image (not one from Google) from your Desktop Browser on your Computer:

=> if that gives you the same error message, it is your server (Webspace full or missing file permissions)

=> if this doesn't give you the same error it seems to be the way Google handles/compresses your images.

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 24.01.2018 - 22:09 Uhr  ·  #37
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 25.01.2018 - 14:47 Uhr  ·  #38
OK this seems to confirm all my initial thoughts then: It's not a problem on your side (or site ;)). Especially if it once also worked from mobile. So nothing you can do in your forum or on your server about that.

Sincerely,
Chris
Mimi
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 16.02.2018 - 09:53 Uhr  ·  #39
Hallo zusammen!
Kann ich im Media-Manager erkennen, ob das Bild groß oder als Thumbnail geladen wurde? Ich finde bisher nichts.
Danke schon mal!
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 16.02.2018 - 15:48 Uhr  ·  #40
Hi Mimi,

wenn Du nicht den Modus "Thumb" gewählt hast kommt das Bild immer im Original.
Thumbs erkennst Du daran, dass die Bilder im kleinen Kästchen sind und sich beim Klick in einer Lightbox öffnen.
Außerhalb des Thumbmodus werden Bilder nicht skaliert - abgesehen auf die von Dir definierte Maximalgröße im ACP. Wenn Du die begrenzt werden größere Bilder automatisch auf diesen Maximalwert herunterskaliert egal in welchem Modus Du bist.

LG,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.