PM - Reply All

Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

PM - Reply All

· 
Gepostet: 11.03.2016 - 12:12 Uhr  ·  #1
A user on our forum sent a PM (party invite) to a lot of members using 'add user', I (admin) was the only one that had a 'REPLY ALL' option. Everyone else just had 'REPLY'

Is this supposed to be how it works? should everyone not of had the REPLY ALL option?
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: PM - Reply All

· 
Gepostet: 11.03.2016 - 12:50 Uhr  ·  #2
Hi Douzeper,

in the standard configuration of the groups multi-pms are only allowed for administrators, not for users. (for security reasons, that users can not send one pm to dozens of receivers with promotion or spam for example).

But you can change this permission anytime in the Group-Permission configuration in ACP.

All groups who can send Multi-PM are allowed to use reply-all as well.
Reply-all is not available, if multi-pm is disabled for a certain group.

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 11.03.2016 - 13:46 Uhr  ·  #3
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 11.03.2016 - 14:03 Uhr  ·  #4
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 11.03.2016 - 16:50 Uhr  ·  #5
Chris,

I have set some groups so they can Multi PM. But they still do not have the 'REPLY ALL' option once they receive a PM. Only I can see that option.
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 11.03.2016 - 21:32 Uhr  ·  #6
Hi Douzeper,

have you sent the PM also to a group or the Users in BCC instead of CC?
In that case reply-all is blocked too, since non-admins should not see certain users in certain groups etc.

You could play with the CF3 Code itself to change that behaviour but I would absolutely not recommend that.

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 12.03.2016 - 14:22 Uhr  ·  #7
Chris,

I created a PM to one user, then used the "Add user" option to add another user. (not BCC) - Both users are in the same group which has Mutli Pm enabled (both moderators) but they do not see the Reply All option.
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 12.03.2016 - 15:59 Uhr  ·  #8
Ah sorry, now I know what you mean!

Unfortunately reply-all is generally not available for the Reciever of a multi PM. You can only set that other groups are also able to send a PM to multiple receivers. But the receiver of one PM (gets duplicated internally) is not seeing who ELSE got the PM. Reply-All is just a feature in the Sendbox to send again a MultiPM to those Users (unless your one of them yourself) so you don't have to again add all the users to another MultiPM.

MultiPM sure is a risky feature for a board software. Its integrated in the CF3 primarily for Admins or Group leaders so they can quickly send a Notice-PM to all Members of a group or to a multitude of members at once (an alternative to the "Mass Mail Feature" in the ACP). But it should not be that versitaile like a mail service. Imagine somebody who's able to send a MultiPM is a freshly registered user who wants to make Promotion for something - he could send a Multi PM to all your board members with just one click.

So there are also no plans to display and add multi-PM receivers to the PM panel. And there is no feature in the current system that receivers(!!) of a multi PM can see or reply to all who also got the PM. It's maybe a little confusing since E-Mail Programs do it differently, but I think providing such things as an Option is really risky for most of the forums out there since Spamming is a more and more serious problem in forums.

Sincerely,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.