Local version of Cback

itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

Local version of Cback

· 
Gepostet: 19.10.2016 - 20:23 Uhr  ·  #1
Hi,

I'm trying to install cback locally. Just to test some things.

When I need to configure "the basic configurations & admin user" it's giving me the error that the passwords did not match.

"The Passwords did not match. Please hit "Back" in your Browser and try again."

What could be the problem? I'm using usbwebserver as a test.
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: Local version of Cback

· 
Gepostet: 20.10.2016 - 00:12 Uhr  ·  #2
Hi itzmie,

this means, that you entered 2 not matching passwords when you tried to create your Admin Account during the setup procedure. So this has nothing to do with if your forum runs locally or online. Just enter the exact same Password for your Admin Account in both fields.

Also make sure, that your browser doesn't use Autofill mechanisms to fill out the password fields for you. Maybe your browser changes the field value and you don't notice that in the password field.

If you enter the same password in both fields - the pass field and the control field - everything should work fine.

Sincerely,
Chris
itzmie
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 21.10.2016 - 08:46 Uhr  ·  #3
Hi Chris,

Yes, I did that. And just to be sure I typed the password in notepad and copy+paste it to the two fields.
Still does not work.

Kind Regards,

Kevin
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 21.10.2016 - 14:03 Uhr  ·  #4
Hi Kevin,

thats weird - I would say maybe the Local Webserver Software you are using does not support the necessary encryption functions the CF3 needs but the field-check on the setup is done before the Password-Hashing so this can't be the case.

Have you tried it in another browser?

If this still doesn't work I suggest using XAMPP (Windows) or MAMP (Mac) as local Webserver. Don't know how the system you are using is storing its data. But the configuration itself looks OK.

Sincerely,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.