Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

Editing Permission Template

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 16:17 Uhr  ·  #1
Chris,

Sorry keeping you busy today :/

I created a new group 'super modaertaor' and wanted to set permission templates for that group, I am finding it hard to select the group in the permission box, I cannot scroll with mouse to select the new group or even an existing group. At first I thought the group was missing, but if I CTRL I can select it with difficulty.

Windows 10.
Der an diesem Beitrag angefügte Anhang ist entweder nur im eingeloggten Zustand sichtbar oder die Berechtigung Deiner Benutzergruppe ist nicht ausreichend.
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: Editing Permission Template

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 16:30 Uhr  ·  #2
Hi Ally,

those are - like in the CF3 - regular Select-Boxes.

How the Select-Boxes work is determined by your operating system. Like described in the info field you have to press + hold CTRL on Windows to Multi Select and CMD on the Mac. Scrolling with the scrollbars on the select box (sometimes hidden by your OS, on Mac for example you can turn this on and off in the system preferences) or scrolling with the mouse-wheel.

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 17:39 Uhr  ·  #3
Chris,

Ok not sure I understand. If I use CTRL to select like I did in the CF3 I cannot scroll in CF4, I can scroll on everything else but not in those boxes. If I CTRL + Select then to select the bottom group is very difficult. In fact I have just tried it and been unable to do so. I can scroll with the mouse wheel everywhere else.

Ally
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 17:54 Uhr  ·  #4
Hi Ally,

well what I tried to say is, that the field is a regular HTML <select>... Field, so I don't have the possibility to change the scrolling behaviour in this field because how the field works is determined by your operating system. I can just use the HTML Code for the field and put the <option>s in, that's it. Have you tried in another Browser or so?

EDIT
Do you use Chrome?
I just tried it out with Chrome and I see that Firefox making Scrollbars just fine but Chrome doesn't do that. I think Chrome has a bug in handling these multiselect-fields. Only thing I can do right now is making them larger but that would just be a workaround. I suggest you try it with Firefox if you have it until I know why Chrome behaves like that. ;)

Sincerely,
Chris
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 18:17 Uhr  ·  #5
Hi Ally,

found it!

Chrome currently has a bug with handling multi-select Form-Fields if there are more values in it than the "size" of the field defines. Other browsers seem to work fine.

You can compensate that Chrome Bug by explicitly adding an overflow handling to select fields.

You can do this like that:

OPEN
acp/style/css/global.min.css

ADD IN A NEW LINE UNDER THE FILE
Code

.uk-form select[multiple], .uk-form select[size] { overflow-y: scroll !important; }

Save the file, clear your browser(!!) Cache or reload the ACP with holding down the Shift-Key and pressing Reload so all CSS Resources are loaded again.

As far as I see on Chrome for Mac the scrollbars are then visible in Chrome.

If you confirm this for Windows I'm gonna add this CSS to the next CF4 Update but its currently no CF4 Bug but a Chrome Bug. Normally multi select fields always should scroll automatically.

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 18:35 Uhr  ·  #6
Chris,

I have just tried it with Edge and it is the same. I also tried adding that line of code but noticed no difference.
cback
Admin
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 18:38 Uhr  ·  #7
Hi Ally,

when I look at your ACP Style File on your website in the Browser I don't see that you added that line of code.

Have you put it in the right (minified) file and not in the file in the less folder?

Overwritten correctly?

Sincerely,
Chris
Douzeper
Benutzer
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 07.03.2017 - 19:03 Uhr  ·  #8
I deleted it again when it didn't work. Always worried about breaking the forum.

I'll add it again now.

EDIT: Chrome works with the added code and does Edge

Had the code in wrong place :/

Many thanks again!
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.