Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

Captcha Code fault

· 
Gepostet: 22.02.2017 - 22:05 Uhr  ·  #1
Hi Chris,

I have had to disable my captcha code as it is showing like images attached. A member emailed to say he couldn't log in, so I logged out and tried to register. Can you advise please?
Der an diesem Beitrag angefügte Anhang ist entweder nur im eingeloggten Zustand sichtbar oder die Berechtigung Deiner Benutzergruppe ist nicht ausreichend.
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

Re: Captcha Code fault

· 
Gepostet: 22.02.2017 - 22:29 Uhr  ·  #2
Hi Ally,

I already replied to your PM with the CAPTCHA solution but here what you can do:

1.)
check that you have set the CAPTCHA to the CF4 Default ("Only Letters") in ACP -> Security -> Visual Confirmation. Some questions from the old CF3 Question mode (wich is not recommended since its much more complicated for your users) could be too large for the new font we use in the CAPTCHA. Also enable the option "Enable Background Image". Sometimes the GDLib needs them for handling the font size.

2.)
Re-Upload the folder modules/captcha/ from the CF4 Package. Ensure that there are no old CF3 fonts or images in that folder! If you use old background images there: these are not big enough for the new retina-Captcha. So please use the new CF4 Background Images here in case you replaced them. Also ensure that the Browser Cache is cleared so there are no old images from your previous forum still in the browser cache.

3.)
If this also doesn't work it could be that there is a problem with the freetype/png/ttf support from your server. In this case just try using the Google ReCaptcha/NoCaptcha instead. By the way this version of the captcha is much more user friendly because your users just have to click one checkbox. With a Google Account you can register for an necessary API Key for free. A link is in the ACP Visual Confirmation Page. You need curl enabled in your PHP Configuration so the Google ReCaptcha2 works. (Its normally the case these days).

The CF4 Default CAPTCHA should by the way look like this (see Attachment) so its not directly a software problem here.

ReCaptcha is enabled here in the CBACK Community if you want to test how that looks. :D

Sincerely,
Chris
Der an diesem Beitrag angefügte Anhang ist entweder nur im eingeloggten Zustand sichtbar oder die Berechtigung Deiner Benutzergruppe ist nicht ausreichend.
Douzeper
Benutzer
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 22.02.2017 - 22:40 Uhr  ·  #3
Zitat geschrieben von cback

Hi Ally,

I already replied to your PM with the CAPTCHA solution

Sorry, I didn't think the two problems were linked, thought the other problem was just a mobile device issue.

Zitat geschrieben von cback

but here what you can do:

1.)
check that you have set the CAPTCHA to the CF4 Default ("Only Letters") in ACP -> Security -> Visual Confirmation. Some questions from the old CF3 Question mode (wich is not recommended since its much more complicated for your users) could be too large for the new font we use in the CAPTCHA. Also enable the option "Enable Background Image". Sometimes the GDLib needs them for handling the font size.

That fixed it!! thanks again :)
cback
Admin
Homepage: cback.net
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 22.02.2017 - 22:47 Uhr  ·  #4
Absolutely no problem! I just thought you maybe haven't seen my response there. :)

I'm happy that the trick helped! :)

I will investigate this constellation further so I am able to automatically hide maybe not supported config-combinations with the Default-CAPTCHA in further CF4 Versions from the ACP automatically. :) So many different systems out there. *lol* ;)

But I'm glad that it works now on your system with these new settings! :)

Sincerely,
Chris
Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registrierte in diesem Topic

Aktuell kein registrierter in diesem Bereich

Die Statistik zeigt, wer in den letzten 5 Minuten online war. Erneuerung alle 90 Sekunden.